At this stage of the corona virus lockdown the question being asked by members is, When can we reopen our shed?
We have been carefully monitoring all Government updates on controlling the spread of the virus and the Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business.
Under phase 5 of the Roadmap, which comes into effect on Aug 10th the Government will allow , ‘Higher risk’ organisations which by their nature cannot easily maintain social distancing implement plans for how they can eventually progress towards onsite return of full staff complement. We believe this will allow us to begin the process of reopening our Shed.
This does not mean we will open in August. There are things that we have to do and processes we will have to implement before we can open the Shed.
- Install a hand sterilization area at the entrance to the Shed.
- Introduce a strict cleaning regime in all areas.
- Ensure social distancing measures can be adhered too.
- Ensure all Members wear face masks when attending the Shed. (based on HSE advice)
- Limit the number of people in the shed daily.
- Strictly members only policy will have to be followed.
These are just some of the measures we are looking at. We hope to open the Shed as soon as possible. However our main priority is the health and wellbeing of our members and their families and our shed will remain closed until we feel we can introduce measures to reduce the transmission of the virus and gain agreement from our members to strictly follow these measures on a daily basis . We will base all our future decisions on reopening the shed on advice from the HSE and Government .
We will update you on any further progress in the coming weeks. If you have any comments or suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org